Monday, May 13, 2013

Procrastination and TGBSB!

This is the second to last week of class and I several very large projects that I just cant seem to get started on. There several culprits for my distraction, but The Great British Sewing Bee has certainly played a part.

First TGBSB. I know that the blog-o-sphere has been buzzing about this amazing show and I took my sweet time to finally watch it. Let me just say I adore it! The contestants are so genuine and seem really happy to be doing what they love...sewing! It is hard not to compare this show to project runway, of which I have watched a grand total of 1.5 seasons. I gotta say, I definitely prefer TGBSB. I know they are currently casting for the next season in Britain and I am excited to watch it when it comes out. Of course I wish there was an American version (just like all the other sewists out there) but I cant help wonder if it would do so well in the USA? I know that our wonderful sewing communities are just as nice and happy as the British ones, but would American TV be satisfied with that? Or is our reality TV blood lust just to strong. I would love to participate in this, but would I have the hutzpah to be on display in all my wacky glory? What about you out there in the internets? How many of you would want to be on this show if it had an American sister? Do you think it would be just as sweet or an abomination to the original?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment